Saturday, June 17, 2017

"I’ve failed over and over and over again. And that is why I succeed" [Read]

Leave a Comment
“I’ve failed over and over and over again. And that is why I succeed.” ~ Michael Jordan

Leave it to Michael Jordan to put into words a simple truth.
You can’t succeed without failing because failing shows effort and shows that you’re attempting success. The fact that you're afraid to attempt means you've assumed the failure position and you're not ready to take another step. If you're afraid of failing, then, you cannot get to success.
Failure also teaches, as surely Michael missed plenty of shots but tweaked his shot with each miss until he missed less and less.

You learn lessons while failing: the reasons why you've failed, the wrong steps you took are exposed if you really want to learn from it. When you fail, don't just sit down and lament, instead, think through the steps you've taken and then, learn from them.
He also wasn’t afraid to take the shot, even if the entire game was riding on it. That fearlessness in the face of possible failure is something we can all take away.

Until you try doing something, you can never know if you can succeed in it or not. So keep trying, don't stop.

Here are his words:
I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed. To be successful you have to be selfish, or else you never achieve. And once you get to your highest level, then you have to be unselfish. Stay reachable. Stay in touch. Don’t isolate.
If You Enjoyed This, Take 5 Seconds To Share It

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Were you Inspired and/or Motivated after reading this article? Send in your comments here